A graduate of Stanford University and the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Dr. Bella Shen Garnett is among the few Board Certified Orthodontists in San Francisco. Dr. Bella Shen Garnett stands out among her peers. She is an expert in Invisalign and is the top Invisalign® provider in San Francisco/Marin. She is also a Super Elite Invisalign® Provider and is among the Top 1% Invisalign® providers in all of North America. She is also a lectures for Invisalign teaching Orthodontists nationwide.
Dr. Bella Shen Garnett sincerely cares about every one of her patients. At your consultation, she will present every possible treatment plan option and discuss the pros and cons of those options. Dr. Bella Shen Garnett will spend time getting to know you and understanding your specific orthodontic needs when she first meets you. Once in treatment, she caters your treatment and monitors every case closely. Her genuine care and concern for the well-being of each patient is unprecedented. If you have questions about your treatment, she will call you back right away to answer any of your questions.
A native of San Francisco, Dr. Bella Shen Garnett attended the Katherine Delmar Burke School, San Francisco University High School, and Stanford University. She graduated Cum Laude for the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, where she continued her residency to receive a Masters in Medical Science. As an avid philanthropist, she has consistently volunteered every week for the past 25 years. While completing her program at Harvard, Dr. Shen Garnett founded “Project Bridge” in 2000, a dental clinic and volunteer program providing dental care for runaway teens which was recently the recipient of the prestigious “Community Preventive Dentistry Award 2005” From the American Dental Association.
She is also an Affiliate member and is in the process of becoming part of the Angle Society. The Angle Society is likely the finest collection of clinical orthodontists that get together on a regular basis. The Angle Society is by invitation only and is a challenging orthodontic group to get in and stay in. These orthodontists are the best clinicians and most well respected by their peers as evidenced by the cases they had to present in order to become members.
Dr.Shen Garnett is an Invisalign® Professor at the University of the Pacific. She also lectures for Invisalign® teaching orthodontists nationwide to on how to use Invislaign®. Her magnetic personality, charisma, and honestly truly set her apart from others in the field. Dr. Bella Shen Garnett resides in San Francisco with her husband Eben, and daughters Maisy and Lucy.
Achievements and Awards
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration Awards of Academic Achievement 2001
- American Student Dental Association Award of Excellence in Leadership and Service 2001
- Harvard Medical School Dean’s Community Service Award
- Katherine Delmar Burke School Alumnae of the Year 2005
- Soma Weiss Research Scholarship and Internal Research Fellowship from Harvard Medical School
- Invisalign® case shootout Finalist 2007
- Top 1% Invisalign® provider ( The first and one of the very few single practice location and doctors to achieve this)
- Associate Invisalgin® Professor at the University of Pacific
- Lectures for Invisalign nationwide®
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Society
- Harvard Society for the Advancement of Orthodontics
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- San Francisco Dental Society
- Angle Society